Confit Garlic & Mushroom Pizza
This wonderful recipe has been created by our Igneus Ambassador – Slices by Rob
- Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Bulbs of Garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Portobello Mushroom
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
Top tip: If you are using fresh mozzarella, remove from the package and allow to dry out before cutting or tearing.
- Peel all the cloves of garlic, place in a small pan on the hob (or use Igneus cast iron pan in your oven).
- Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the pan – enough to cover all the garlic cloves.
- Heat the oil to 90 degrees for 30 minutes, use a jam thermometer if you have on. If the oil starts to bubble remove from the heat to cool down then return to the heat. Allow to fully cool to room temperature.
- Slice your Portobello mushrooms thinly and put to one side.
- Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil to a container and add the ricotta cheese. Use the oil to thin out the cheese into a spreadable consistency.
- To assemble the pizza, stretch out your pizza dough to the desired size and place on a floured surface. (You can use these dough recipes ‘White Dough’ – ’00 Flour’ or use our Igneus Sourdough Balls.
- Spoon and spread out the ricotta cheese onto the base.
- Add your mozzarella cheese, garlic cloves and mushrooms, drizzle a little of the garlic oil over the pizza.
- Grate some Parmesan over the top of the pizza to finish.
- Cook in your Igneus pizza oven, turning frequently to avoid burning.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and place on a wire rack for 30 seconds, this allows the steam to escape preventing the pizza base from going soggy.
- Slice and serve.