Goats Cheese and Bacon Pizza with Caramelised Onion
This recipe has been created by our Igneus Ambassador – Dave’s Outdoor Cooking & BBQ
- Pizza dough – Choose from these two dough recipes ( ‘White Bread Flour’ | ’00 Flour’ ) or alternatively order our Igneus Sourdough Balls straight to your door.
- Smoked Bacon
- Goats Cheese
- Red Onion
- Teaspoon of sugar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Light up your Igneus pizza oven. Build a tower of kindling in the centre of your oven.
- Keep burning kindling for 10-30 minutes (depending on the size of your oven).
- Then push the fire to the back of the pizza oven and add a log of Kiln Dried Silver Birch (size of log will depend on the size of your oven).
- You will now cook the bacon using a cast iron skillet pan. Use oil in the pan and add the bacon. Make sure you use heat resistant gloves to protect your hands.
- Once the bacon is cooked, you will then need to slice your red onions.
- It’s now time to cook the red onions into a cast iron pan.
- Oil the pan and place the onion inside.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar and dash of balsamic vinegar.
- As the onions start to caramelise – remove them from the pan.
- Your toppings are now ready to use.
- Add another log onto your fire. Get the oven temperature up to 350-400°c.
- Stretch your chosen dough into a pizza shape and place the goats cheese, bacon and caramelised on top. (You can use a ‘Tomato Topping’ underneath if you so wish).
- Use a pizza peel to place the pizza into your oven.
- Let it cook for 30 seconds then spin the pizza around for and even cook.
- Allow it to cook for another 30-40 seconds.
- Remove from the pizza oven and enjoy!