Wood Fired Gnocchi with tomato sauce and Mozzarella | 25 mins
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 2 x tbsp oil
- 1 x onion
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 120g Chorizo
- 2 x tins chopped tomatoes
- 600g fresh Gnocchi
- 1 x 125g ball Mozzarella (chunks)
- Small bunch Basil
- Heat your oven using the lighting instructions. Push your fire back at around 350c and add two logs.
- Finely chop your onion and garlic and add oil to your flat Igneus skillet pan – place the pan into the oven for the oil to warm.
- Add the onion and garlic into the oven for around 5 mins until soft. Place your deep Igneus casserole dish into the other side of the oven to warm.
- Now add the Chorizo and fry together with the onion and garlic for around 5-7mins
- Transfer the Onion, garlic and Chorizo to your deep Igneus casserole dish and pour in the 2 tins of chopped tomatoes. Place the pan back into the oven and bring the sauce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for a few mins.
- Once the sauce is simmering nicely, add your Gnocchi into the sauce and cook for 8 mins or until soft.
- Then bring the pan out of the oven and stir in ¾ of the mozzarella into the sauce and stir until melted.
- Once melted, place the rest of the cheese into the pan and poke into the sauce with some still showing. Place the pan back into the oven and let the cheese grill until browned.
- Tear the basil leaves and place onto the top.
Please note gnocchi timings may vary depending on which pizza oven you are using.