Chesca’s Sweet Cajun BBQ Pork Pizza
This delicious recipe has been created by our Igneus Ambassador – Chesca’s
- Sweet paprika 15g
- Smoky paprika 10g
- Cajun spice 10g
- Garlic salt 5g
- Onion powder 5g
- 3 sprigs thyme (picked & chopped)
- 4 cloves confit garlic (chopped)
- White sugar 5g
- Brown sugar 5g
- Salt 10g
- Honey 20ml
- 50ml Chesca’s secret BBQ sauce (but you can achieve a similar result with a good quality hickory/smoky BBQ sauce from a supermarket)
- Red onion (chopped)
- Sprigs of thyme
- Five cloves of garlic
- One can of Coca Cola
- Two bay leaves
- 30g Chesca’s Fire Honey (or shop-bought alternative)
- Combine all the rub ingredients and massage into the pork before leaving to marinade for two days in a refrigerator.
- Two days later, retrieve your pork, preheat your oven to 200°C and grab a suitable roasting tray. Place your pork onto a bed of chopped red onion, sprigs of thyme and five whole cloves of garlic (to elevate it from the base of the tray) and add one can of Coca Cola, two bay leaves and 30g of Chesca’s Fire Honey.
- Place into oven for 20 mins and then reduce temperature to 150°C for one hour and ten minutes (this time will vary according to the size of your rack).
- Remove from oven and rest. Use this time to pass the cooking liquor and then reduce it by two thirds.
- Baste the pork with this reduction (use half, keep half) before roasting at 400°C for a further ten minutes, then SERVE! We used our Igneus Pro 600 with an Igneus cast iron griddle pan to achieve the results pictured.
- Can be served as a cutlet, although we removed the entire loin to use as pizza topping for Chesca’s (with pickled chilli, red onion marmalade, Chesca’s BBQ sauce & buffalo mozzarella on our signature hand stretched base).
- We used the remainder of our reduction to add to Chesca’s BBQ sauce.